Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Odds & sodds

Very exciting thing happened to me this week, I had entered my recipe for overnight baked French toast on crown maple.com.. We had tried Crown Maple Syrup at Smorgasburg in Williamsburg and we loved it. Anyway I entered my recipe and was notified this week that I won recipe of the month!!!! And I won 3bottles of this incredibly delicious maple syrup. To try my recipe -it's great for brunch -go to Crownmaple.com You'll love it.
Had a lovely glass of wine and sushi at Blue Water Grill in Union Square. try it for a late afternoon pick me up
Last night we ate Italian at a wonderful neighborhood restaurant -Isle of Capri. At the corner of 61 St and Third. it's been a long time since we have been treated so well at a restaurant -lots of personal attention and the food is scrumptious. The owner Maria greeted us at the door and kept checking with us to make sure everything was fine. And the portions are ginormous. We had two salads -Caesar -which was perfectly dressed and the chefs salad which was chock full of ingredients -almost a meal in itself. We shared the special which was seafood linguini in red sauce and there was still too much food!!! And it was full of large chunks of lobster and shrimp!! Desert was cookies, canoli, tartuffo and.... Bindi Italian Gelato Definitely on our list to return.

tonite a return to Vespa Let's see if the service improves

We are going to Paris in a few weeks and have decided that we are going to take ourselves on a patisserie and boulangerie tour of the city. it's soooo us.If anyone has a favorite bakery in Paris please let me know!!! We want to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment